THERMOFLEX® is our line of highly efficient insulated PEX pipes. Specially designed to respond to the most intensive environments and climates, the PEX pipes are insulated with almost 5 inches of high quality, closed cell polyethylene foam which provides thermal performance and protection against water migration. The two GTPEX® or GTPEX-R® pipes are used for supply and return. GTGlobe Industries Research and Development team has created this high-tech foam under specific criteria in order to reach the maximum insulation performance.
The shell material is a virgin plastic corrugated tile pipe that prevents environmental water, harsh environmental conditions or particles to get into the system which could interrupt the efficiency of your installation. The heavy duty tiles also prevent the heart of THERMOFLEX® to be compressed which will also lose its thermo efficiency. The pipe should be installed underground for maximum insulation efficiency. Usage of THERMOFLEX® offers prime efficiency and flexibility in your most simple to most complex installations.
Currently THERMOFLEX® supports a 2 pipe system (supply and return) however, under demand, we can customize THERMOFLEX® to your specifications whether you want to increase or decrease the number of PEX pipes, or internal diameters, require specific colors or need to have electrical wires added to the system.Specially recommended for high performance insulation requirements in difficult environmental conditions.
Some of the common uses include:
- Hot water transport from one heating source to your radiant heat system.
- Cold water transport in colder climate to prevent freezing. Please check your area requirements for the trench depth to install below frost line.
- Cold water transport in hot climates to prevent the drinking water from getting too warm.
- This is particularly useful when installing PEX in attics in hot climates in geothermal systems, keeping the water the same temperature the THERMOFLEX® will keep the underground constant water temperature to the end location
- Water transportation from one location to another.